Another day from Edmund

>> Sunday, July 13, 2008

Taken from my journal, 2144h, 07.12

"I'm sitting next to a slumbering Raj, who is wearing his left sock inside out. Part of me would like to imagine that he has a valid reason for this. Who knows, maybe it's some act of defiance or a symbolic gesture. The other part of me is obviously laughing at the first part.

The flight was lengthy and gassy. I'm sorry, Angela... (actually, no I'm not). Blame the food. The rest of teh flight found me trying to figure out how to use my waking hours. Did some reading, adopted the term 'rubbish' into my Customs and immigrations went smoothly, especially because this one lady was specially designated to assist WYD pilgrims.

As we approached the exits, I told the others to look for a "Filipino lady" because my cousin Julie agreed to pick us up. Luckily, we found her RIGHT AWAY, no kidding, and we headed out. We were surprised to find two things (well, except Raj): the driver of automobiles is seated on the right side of the vehicle, and you are to drive on the left side of the road. Second, Raj was surprised by the third thing. Third, it was colder than we'd anticipated."

07.13.08, about 2100h

"It's Sunday the 13th over here, and the last two days have been Australia-licious. We arrived early in the morning, about half-six. One of the first things we did was stop by a local park, which had a spectacular view of the opera house and of several skyscrapers. Then, we kinda got lost, much to Julie's chagrin. She told us that she starts crying when she's truly lost. Luckily, it didn't come to that, and we decided to hit up the shore.

Our first meal on the mainland was from a small kebab joint. Meats (chicken, beef, lamb) are sliced thin, piled onto a rotating, upright rod, and roasted by some contraption."

Uhh... the rest is a little boring... I'll post some better stuff later. I have pictures too, but yeah. The rest so far is being around the Sydney streets and celebrating Mass at St. Mary's Cathedral. Lots of fascinating stuff nonetheless. Later, mates.

Godspeed!

0 comments: