Ok, Some very delayed WYD posts: First, weird foods.

>> Sunday, November 23, 2008

So, I was supposed to post this a long time ago.

Here it is now for your enjoyment.

Now, I am not passing judgment on any of these products, I am sure they are tasty... and I am sure that someone could walk into an American grocery store and find their own set of *ahem* interesting products...

All I am saying is that these products either made me laugh, or drew me into intrigue with their marketing....... or they were just plain weird.

Without further adieu, the *ahem* interesting foods and products we discovered in Australia:

We actually bought a bag of these, and I must say they were pretty good. No ugly jokes, lisa.

Hey... at least it's quality assured.
Silly americans and their short life milk...

Apparently lime and jalapeno are having monogamy and chastity issues...
Yup... those are pre-made pancakes in a bag. mmm...

I tried to "shake it all about" and then store security stopped me.

That's biggie with some vegemite. Yum. Concentrated Yeast Extract.

Australians are pretty mean to Starburst... Starburst: "I don't suck! You suck!"

That's my cousin, JB, he's rockin' out with some asparagus, statue of liberty style.
I gotta admit, we bought a box of these and they were actually quite good.


There's an Usher joke in here somewhere...

Vin Diesel called. He said he wants his corny joke back...

Okay, just so you don't think I'm making fun of all the food stuff from Australia (actually there was so much amazing food)... this was Portuguese food from a place called Nando's.
Incredibly delicious.

Yup, that's pet food in the refrigerator section.

This magazine probably wasn't exclusive to Australia, but I have to be honest, when I turned the corner and saw this magazine I was totally freaked out.
Uhm... do i need to write a joke about this one?

You know... so that your throat doesn't get ashy.

Lol. right next to this drink was McSyphillis and McBird-flu
Phil... that's your kinda drink.


It literally looked like they took ramen, added barbecue flavor, and marketed it with an extremely obese Grover.

I wonder how the development meeting went for this one... "I got it! Let's take the burger flavor and infuse it into a ring of tasty goodness." [Apparently they are pretty popular there... shows what i know about marketing]

I think the funniest thing on the box is that there logo for the company is "what a great idea" (click to see it)


Seriously I thought the White Queen was around the corner. I looked. She wasn't.
Then I ate the whole box.
Yup, that says "McAsia". No joke. Seriously, there was a McAfrica, McEurope, McAustralia and a McAmerica, too, but no love for McAntarctica.

Okay, that picture is what me, angela and eddie survived on. Bread... and packaged marmalade. It was great. =)



So... I'll end this post with two pictures of the great food we got blessed with when we got hooked up with BUSINESS CLASS!!!! for the ride home.



Pax et bonum for now y'all... check back in a little bit for a few more final WYD posts.

0 comments: